- 6 cups assorted green vegetables in season
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 fresh ginger, finely chopped
Cook: 8 mins
- Slice vegetables to same size for even cooking.
- Steam vegetables for 6-8 minutes or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 3-4 minutes until crisp but tender.
- Place dressing ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until honey dissolves, or microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute.
- Drain vegetables and toss through dressing. Serve immediately.
Good choices for green vegetables include zucchini, leek, celery, aspargaus, green beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, green capsicums, snow peas and bean-shoots. A great way to empty your refrigerator crisper, or to introduce new varieties of vegetables to the family.
|per serving||per 100g|
|Energy||500 kJ||190 kJ|
|Protein||5.4 g||2 g|
|Fat, total||1.6 g||0.6 g|
|— saturated||0.2 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||18.1 g||6.9 g|
|— sugars||16.6 g||6.3 g|
|Sodium||100.1 mg||38.1 mg|
|Fibre||5.8 g||2.2 g|