CALD Culturally Appropriate Food – Community Connector Project
The Latrobe Valley region is home to a growing and varied CALD community, with over 3,000 residents from non-English speaking backgrounds. This project sought to improve access to culturally appropriate food in Latrobe Valley and to build capacity for improved health, wellbeing, and resilience into the future by appointing two community connectors to work directly with local businesses and CALD communities.
Highlights of the project included:
- Insights gathered from Over 50 local CALD community members.
- 40+ local businesses directly engaged.
- Online workshop held with 32 participants.
- Wide reach of project messaging achieved by local press coverage, including two articles in the Latrobe Valley Express and a radio interview on ABC Gippsland.
- Important conversations and connections have been initiated by this work across Latrobe Valley.
A number of the learnings and opportunities that this project identified are now being explored further as part of the Food For All Latrobe Valley initiative.
Would you like to learn more about this project?
Get in touch with the project manager for this project using the contact form below: